Well, it’s that time of year again. At least, that’s what we’ll be saying next year as we ready ourselves for the 2nd Annual Quickbooks Connect conference. This year, we’re tremendously excited to take part in the first one ever, October 21 – 23 in San Jose, CA.
Quickbooks has long been synonymous with “Small Business,” and the conference will prove to be a great resource for entrepreneurs, developers, and accountants alike. Here are just a few of the highlights:
Educational opportunities will abound, in four different categories:
With sessions designed to help you grow your practice—like an “Ask the Experts” panel discussion on using Quickbooks or strategies for finding more clients—you’ll be able to spend time with other professionals like you, people who won’t yawn derisively at the phrase, “This year’s hottest Tax Topics.”
In addition to breakout sessions dedicated to creating apps that integrate with or add on to Quickbooks, the conference will host a two day “Hackathon,” where developers will compete for $100K worth of prizes. BYO Mountain Dew.
QBC’s “Speed Mentoring” sessions will give the newbie entrepreneur a chance to learn from experts who’ve successfully started their own businesses. Other sessions will include discussions on topics about starting from scratch.
These sessions are geared towards the established business looking to grow to the next level. Topics like finding great employees, or how to best use social media to your advantage.
We’ll be sending along our own VP of Growth, Jason Seed, who’ll be manning the Kounta booth at location #320 in the Exhibit Hall. Be sure to stop by and say, “Hi.” You should also say more than that, because a greeting followed by silence is just awkward.
If you’re not sure what to talk about, the Kounta POS is a great start. Jason will also be demoing some gear from a couple of our partners, Epson and Powa Technologies.
• We’ve been working with Epson since 2012, and we’ll be showing off their Omnilink Cloud Printers, which are receipt printers in the same way that the iPhone is a phone. The Omnilink is a full-blown Linux PC inside a compact printer’s shell, with the ability to collect the receipt data as it prints and work with all sorts of cloud applications and services.
• You can also check out the PowaPOS All-in-One tablet stand. With support for iPad Air, as well as Android and Windows tablets—if you swing that way)—the PowaPOS is a tablet stand in the same way the Omnilink is a reciept printer (are you seeing a pattern here?). It’s got an integrated cash drawer, receipt printer, QR and barcode scanner, and payment terminal with support for EMV (Chip and Pin).
Both of these are excellent complements to Kounta, and you can watch Jason run through some make-believe sales and printing receipts—which doesn’t sound so great when we put it that way, but trust us: this is cool stuff. We’re super excited to be a part of this conference, which is shaping up to be much more than some halfway legit excuse to get out of the office for a few days. We hope to see you there.
• A pretty incredible lineup of guest speakers is scheduled, including Martha Stewart, Magic Johnson, Intuit founder Scott Cook, Arianna Huffington, “Poetic Voice” Sekou Andrews, Goldieblox creator Debbie Sterling, and more.
• An evening party, with Grammy Award winning band Train rocking your small business socks off, is something you won’t want to miss.
• Finally, did you know that before LinkedIn was created people actually used to network with each other in person?? Sounds crazy, but it’s true, and the Quickbooks Connect conference will be a great place for you to mingle with your colleagues and partners just like they did in the 1980’s. Try it. You might like it!
• And, of course, there will be swag. Tons of vendor swag. If you lost your vendor branded stress ball that you got at a cloud computing conference, be sure to stop by the Exhibit Hall and get yourself a new one.
Find out more information about the Quickbooks Connect conference, check out:
Official Site: http://quickbooks.intuit.com/connect/
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/QuickBooks
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IntuitQuickBooks
On LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/QB-Connect-5097529?