POS Cash Register for Hospitality Businesses
Payments, discounts, taxes, surcharge, split bills –
Kounta POS Cash Register does it all.
Cash or Card?
Cash Registers & Payment Methods
At the root of it, cash registers have one function: handling payments.
But over time, methods of payment have changed — and so have the tools and processes to handle them.
The earliest cash registers were designed to only manage cash payments. They did so with two primary features:
- Cash drawer: a safe place to store cash
- Calculator: summing up total bills and exact change
Electronic payments was a big turning point for cash registers, adding an entirely new mode of payment into the mix. This is when EFTPOS terminals became an additional feature in cash registers.
Australia is predicted to be completely cashless by 2026.
But what does this mean for the future of cash registers and cash tills?
PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE OF PAYMENTS
Kounta POS Cash Register
Kounta POS Cash Registers are designed with the past, present, and future of payments in mind. We bring together the solid functionality of tills with the advanced and adaptable payment features of the future.
Secure & solid equipment
Kounta uses hardware that is solid, portable, and built to last. The equipment is durable and secure giving it the ability to withstand busy day-to-day operations.
- Manage & monitor cash drawer access
- Avoid regular hardware replacements
Flexible payment features
Kounta POS Cash Register allows for different payment options: cash, card, e-wallet. And it speaks directly to the EFTPOS terminal, preventing human errors during payments.
- Accept payments by card, cash, e-wallet & more
- Prevent EFTPOS keying errors
Traditional Cash Registers vs
Kounta POS Cash Registers
|Features||Traditional Cash Register||Kounta POS Cash Register|
|Keypad / touchscreen|
|Printer for receipts|
|Automated discounts (eg happy hour)|
|Customised access for authorised staff|
|Automatic reconciliation to accounting|
Is Kounta POS Cash Register right for you?
Get in touch for a one-to-one demo with our team of hospitality experts.
More than your Ordinary Cash Register
Kounta POS Cash Registers are designed to address specific pain points in hospitality businesses.
Some of its benefits are:
Fast & flexible payments
- Speedy service: Ring up transactions, split bills, add tips, and apply surcharges – all with the tap of a button.
- Integrated payment: Eliminate human error. Your cash register and payment terminal are synced which means your card reader automatically reflects the payable amount.
Change menu items & pricing effortlessly
- Do you have a special for the day, a discontinued item, or an updated price? Jump on the backend and make the changes in a matter of seconds.
- Automate specials like happy hour, surcharges, and taxes.
Take orders & payments anywhere
- With a cloud POS cash register, your staff can take orders and payments anywhere in the venue. With synced devices, all orders and digital payments will be communicated back to the central cash register.
Assign orders efficiently
- Assign orders to tables, takeaway or delivery. Instantly print production dockets in the kitchen, bar, or wherever an item needs to be produced.
More than your Ordinary Cash Register
Kounta believes in end-to-end solutions. Our cash registers do not stop at handling payments.
We understand that handling payments, although crucial, is just the start. To run a successful business, you need tools for growth. Kounta brings these tools together and integrates them into one central system: your POS cash register. This gives you the ability to:
Book your demo today
Is Kounta Right for my Business?
In this demo, a Kounta expert will walk you through the exact features in Kounta POS Cash Register and how you can tailor it to the exact needs of your business.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch or start for free
More industry leaders using Kounta’s POS Cash Register
Learn how Kounta’s POS Cash Register has helped these great brands on their journey to success.
Take action on your data, quickly & make faster decisions
Empower your team with the reports they need to make better decisions every day.